Saturday, March 1, 2008

Joseph's Birthday Continued

So Tuesday Joseph and I went shopping for his supplies: cake mix, koolaid powder, ice cream, plastic forks, sports themed plates, plastic cups etc. Well one of the most important items that I needed to pick up was a foil balloon. Joseph saw some at Uncle Daniel's Birthday 2 months earlier, and really wanted one. So for his birthday Ben and I agreed to pick up one for him, so he can play with it.

Well when we went to the store, the balloon was the first item we got. Joseph picked out the one he wanted. I gave him 3 birthday choices. He chose Winnie the Pooh and friends, themed balloon. He grabbed the string and held on so tight, that towards the end of our shopping trip in that store, the balloon came untied from the string, and so I had to pick up a second balloon. It was hard to find another balloon that matched what Joseph wanted. But I did, after much searching. I then made sure the string was tied very tight, so the balloon didn't get lost again.

Joseph didn't let the check out lady touch his balloon, and didn't let me take the string out of his hands when I put him into the car, to drive home. He really REALLY REALLY liked that balloon. Its was pretty funny!!

So when we got home I put the balloon string on his life sized Tigger so it didn't get popped on our ceiling. And it was low enough for Joseph to play with.


No comments: